|It's a Hard Doc Life|
|Season 5, Episode 14|
|Air date||April 18, 2020|
|Written by||Kerri Grant|
|Directed by||Dan Nosella|
The Great McStuffins Meltdown
None (Final Episode)
After making a big mistake at the McStuffinsville Toy Hospital, Doc begins to wonder if her patients would have been better off if she hadn't been there at all.
Doc is overwhelmed because she is in charge of the new water wing construction; she has to interview toys to work for the water wing, and her patients and staff in the Mcstuffinsville Toy Hospital still need her. The stress causes her to accidentally give Boppy the wrong prescription which makes him overinflate, then she ends up making the Water Wing deflate, leading to the hospital getting flooded. When Doc tells her toys that she had to stay and clean up the mess, her toys tell her to go home and rest. Doc believes that her patients don’t need her anymore, so she returns home.
When she returns home, her mother explains that everyone makes mistakes, including doctors, but the important thing is about learning from them and says that tomorrow would be a better day. That night, after she falls asleep, Hallie appears to her in a dream and shows what the world would be like without Doc McStuffins.
First, Hallie takes Doc back to the past to the time when Sir Kirby and the Wicked King got stuck together. However, Doc was not around to fix them, and they never figured out how to get unstuck. And then showed her some more.
She then takes her to the present time and finds out that McStuffinsville has become a barren wasteland taken over by Stanley. Bathtub lake was out of water, Nicki’s bank for safe keeping was taken over by Stanley, and the Toy Hospital was renamed to “Stanley’s No Hospital for Toys.”
Finally, Hallie transports Doc to the future, where every toy in McStuffinsville is being forced to go to Stanley's tower. Now realizing how much toys need her, Doc wakes up happy to see all her friends.
She returns to McStuffinsville the next day and apologizes for the mishap with the water wing and promises to always be there for her patients. Doc and her friends build together a Hospital Water Wing and the Water Wing is open. Doc ends the series by saying the last words of the show, "I can do anything with my best friends by my side." and the toys gave her a group hug.
- Laya DeLeon Hayes as Doc McStuffins
- Lara Jill Miller as Lambie, Robot Orderly
- Robbie Rist as Stuffy
- Loretta Devine as Hallie
- Jess Harnell as Chilly, Wicked King, Buddy
- Kimberly Brooks as Dr. McStuffins, Surfer Girl
- Rob Paulsen as Sir Kirby
- Rodger Bumpass as Army Al
- James Arnold Taylor as Boppy
- Mary Faber as Quackson
- Bernardo DePaula as Saltwater Serge
- Dee Bradley Baker as Robot Ray
- Leslie Grossman as Riley Rhino
- The title is a reference to the song "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the Broadway musical Annie.
- This episode is based on "It's A Wonderful Life".
- Diagnosis: Overblown-aplexy
- This is the eighth episode Doc did not sing "What's Going On?". Instead, Lambie sings it.
- This is the 14th episode of Season 5 & one of the final episodes of the whole series.
- This episode marks the last appearance of Doc, Lambie, Stuffy, Hallie, Chilly, Emmie, Alma, Carlos, and Dr. McStuffins.
- Doc says one of the final lines of the entire Doc McStuffins series, and the final line is: "I can do anything with my best friends by my side."
- This is the fourth time that Doc’s real name was said, the first three were in “Bringing home Baby”,“The Doctor Will See You Now”, ”Run Doc Run!”
- During the song "A World Without Doc", flashbacks from "Kirby and the King", "Toy in the Sun", "A Fairy Big Knot", "Blast Off!" and "Don't Fence Me In" were shown differently.
- Also, there were some diagnosis drawings from the Big Book of Boo-Boos which were from "That's Just Claw-ful", "On a Roll!", "Lambie and the McStuffins Babies", "A Lesson in Diagnosis", "Dixie Gets Glued", "Triceratops Trouble", "Mermaid in the Midfield", "The Lake Monster", "Yip, Yip, Boom!", "Get-Well Gus Gets Well", "Pop-Up Paulo", "Joni the Pony", "Moo-Moo's Tutu Boo-Boo", "Going for Broke", "Bust a Move", "St. Patrick's Day Dilemma", "Black Belt Kangaroos", "Winded Winnie", "Sleepless in Stuffyland", "Nurse's Office", "Huggable Hallie" and "Top Lamb".
- This is the 27th episode we see Doc in her PJ's. This is also the last time.The first 26 were in "Knight Time", "Dark Knight", "Break Dancer", "Hallie's Happy Birthday", "Shark-Style Toothache", "Loud Louie", "Doctoring the Doc", "Chilly Gets Chilly", "Awesome Guy's Awesome Arem", "Lamb in a Jam", "Professor Pancake", "The Big Sleepover", "Let the Nightingale Sing", "Hazel Has a Sleepover", "A Day Without Cuddles!", "Top Lamb", "Doc's Dream Team", "Take Your Pet to the Vet", "Stuffy & Squibbles", "Chilly's Loose Button", "Goooooal!", "Bringing Home Baby", "Night Night, Lala", "Sleepless in Stuffyland" ,"Welcome to McStuffinsville" and “The Sleepwalking King”.