|Itty Bitty Bess Takes Flight|
|Season 3, Episode 2A|
|Air date||July 16, 2015|
|Written by||Kerri Grant|
Slip N' Slide
Doc and the toys help a tiny tin airplane pilot named Bess, a historical toy modeled after the famous African-American female pilot, Bessie Coleman, get back into shape after her joints become rusty.
- Laya DeLeon Hayes as Doc McStuffins
- Lara Jill Miller as Lambie
- Robbie Rist as Stuffy
- Loretta Devine as Hallie
- Jess Harnell as Chilly
- Laraine Newman as Professor Hootsburgh
- Audra McDonald as Itty Bitty Bess
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript
Hallie: Those stunts sound more thrilling than a teeter totter trampoline.
Stuffy: Yeah! Can you show us some?
Itty Bitty Bess: Either I can show you stunts, or my name isn't Itty Bitty Bess.
Chilly: Great. And that is your name, right?
Itty Bitty Bess: You'd better believe it.
Chilly: Are planes from a long time ago supposed to sound like monsters?
Stuffy: Ah, sure they are. Everybody knows that.
Itty Bitty Bess: I thought only doctors gave checkups.
Chilly: Doc is a doctor.
Lambie: And a baa-rilliant one for stuffed animals and toys.
Itty Bitty Bess: Be still, my heart. There weren't a lot of African-American doctors around in my day, especially girls.
Hallie: Well, there are now, sugar.
Itty Bitty Bess: Things sure have changed. I like modern times.
Doc: I'm gonna give you an x-ray.
Itty Bitty Bess: What in the dickens is an x-ray?
Doc: It lets doctors see things in your body that are hard to see with just your eyes.
Itty Bitty Bess: Wow! Modern times are the bee's knees.
Itty Bitty Bess: Modern times are the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas all rolled up into one!
Stuffy: Cats in pajamas? Ha ha, funny. But where do their tails go?
- Diagnosis: Acute Rusty Atrophy
- Toys that debut in this episode: Itty Bitty Bess
- Professor Hootsburgh mentions the time when she got flattened like a pancake in "Professor Pancake" to Itty Bitty Bess.