|Dr. Maisha McStuffins|
Her job, her family, her daughter’s friends or her son’s friends
Things that happen to Doc and Donny
The original Arabic name ميشا is actualyl derived from Aisha. Dr. Taylor's reference to "life's blessing" relates to a separate etymology for the simpler-spelled "Maisha" which translates to "life" from African origins.
In addition to her beauty, Dr. McStuffins is mostly compassionate and motherly, but when there's a patient in need, she always remains sweet and friendly to them, if the patient is a person, but when Doc is stuck on a hard case when there's a toy to fix, her mother always helps her with some advice or help to fix the toy.
Dr. McStuffins is a slender African-American woman and wears a green long-sleeved shirt and denim jeans. She is often seen wearing a white lab coat just like Doc. She has curly brown hair, brown skin, and brown eyes. On Christmas Day at the end of "A Very McStuffins Christmas" she wore a green sweater with snowflakes embroidered all around it at the bottom. The sleeves and collar are red.
- "If you need a second opinion, you know where to find me."
- "Doctors hours are long, but it's worth it to help people feel better."
- "Emmie, your mom just called to remind you about your piano lesson."
- "Oh, Sweetie, you do have sand in your eye. It must hurt to move it around."
- "Even doctors need to see the doctor sometimes."
- "You have to remember to be careful around sand. You shouldn't throw it or kick it around because it could get in someone's eye."
- "If you hold still, I promise I'll have that splinter out in no time."
- "Your father's working late, so I thought you, Donny and I could go out for dinner together."
- "Doc, I'm gonna need you to assist."
- "This isn't the time for playing. You're sick and the best way for your body to get better is for you to rest. Really rest."
- "Doc, your patient is ready."
- "Waiting can be hard. But sometimes, it makes the thing you waited for even more special."
- "Time to come inside girls. It's late."
- "There, there, Maya. You're new here, so I bet everything feels really strange."
- When she was younger, she used to take ballet.
- Her voice actress, Kimberly Brooks, also voices Surfer Girl. Brooks also voices characters such as Jasper from Steven Universe, Mee Mee from Dexter's Laboratory, Allura from Voltron: Legendary Defender, Buena Girl from Mucha Lucha and Stormy in the Nickelodeon dub of Winx Club.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Romper:
Dr. Maisha McStuffins & Doc McStuffins
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 NBC News:
"The reach of Doc McStuffins will be felt in healthcare and STEM for generations to come," said Dr. Myiesha Taylor, a physician at the Texas Regional Medical Center. Doc McStuffins' mother on the show, Dr. Maisha McStuffins, is named after Dr. Taylor.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 page 158 of David Perimutter's "The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows" published 4 May 2018:
"Kimberly Brooks (Dr. Maisha McStuffins/Surfer Girl)"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 ACEP Now interview with Myiesha Taylor 15 October 2017:
When I was talking to Chris, I said, “Wow, you should name the mom Myiesha!” I went into what the meaning of Myiesha is. It’s Arabic, and it means “life’s blessing.” I was totally joking with her. Some months later, she called me and said, “You’ll never guess what happened.” I asked, “What? What happened?” She said, “You’ll see tomorrow on the press release.” They named her Maisha because she didn’t have a name before then. So now Doc McStuffins’ mom’s name is Maisha McStuffins. So that’s kind of cool.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Amazon:
This all-new Doc McStuffins figurine playset from the Disney Store includes includes Doc and her parents Maisha and Marcus so she can create her own family practice. Set Includes: Doc McStuffins Maisha McStuffins Marcus McStuffins Stuffy Hallie Frida Fairy0
- ↑ archive of JetMag.com
- ↑ Break Dancer/Transcript
Mom: "Did I ever tell you I took ballet lessons when I was a little girl?"
Dottie: "Really? Cool! Could ya do this?" Mom: "Not quite. But I did have a pretty tutu, just like Bella and Lambie."